Dead Alberta Boys. - KickRunners.com

#1 of 1 Old 02-03-2010, 07:57 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 14
Likes Given: 1
I'm probably jumping the gun here, but this looks like a murder /attempted suicide. Makes me very sad people get driven to the point where they feel that this is their only option.

Dead Alberta boys subject of custody battle

Last Updated: Wednesday, February 3, 2010 | 1:28 PM MT Comments82Recommend132

CBC News

Connor and Jayden McConnell are shown here on a Facebook memorial site. (Facebook) The parents of the two boys who were found dead inside a house in Millet, Alta., Monday were in the midst of a divorce and custody battle, according to court documents obtained by CBC News.
While police have not officially released the names of the boys, they have been identified as Connor and Jayden McConnell. Investigators expected to get results of autopsies on the two boys, age 2½ and 10 months, respectively, on Wednesday.
A neighbour of the McConnells told CBC News on Tuesday that she had seen the bodies of the boys on the floor of the bathroom in the family's home in Millet, a town of about 2,100, 40 kilometres south of Edmonton.
She said the boys' father, Curtis McConnell, 31, told her he found their bodies in the bathtub.
Court documents show that Curtis and Allyson McConnell, who got married in Australia in January 2007, separated in November 2009 and began divorce proceedings in December.
According to the documents, Allyson McConnell, 31, wanted to take the children back to her native Australia, where her family lives and where she would be entitled to government support and have better prospects of generating more income than in Canada.
In her statement of defence and counterclaim, McConnell said the father would "continue to have reasonable and generous access" to the children.
Curtis McConnell did not want his children to leave Canada.
"I am completely opposed to this, and I am fearful that she will attempt to do this without my consent or knowledge," he stated in an affidavit filed in Edmonton Court of Queen's Bench on Dec. 11.
McConnell said he had taken the children's passports for "safekeeping." He said his wife had applied for Australian citizenship for the two boys and that he worried she would also be applying to get them Australian passports.
On Dec. 21, a judge ruled the children needed to stay in Canada for now and both parents would have joint custody of the boys. The judge ordered Curtis McConnell to vacate the family home in Millet by Dec. 31, 2009, and continue paying child support and the mortgage on the home.

[top]Mother in hospital with broken bones, neighbour says

Police have provided few details about what they suspect happened at the Millet house on Monday afternoon.
They have not released the names, ages or genders of the individuals who were found dead in the house and said only that they considered the deaths suspicious.
RCMP confirmed a car found parked near Gateway Blvd. in Edmonton Monday is connected to the house in Millet, but they have not said how.
Edmonton police said a woman tried to kill herself by jumping off a Gateway Blvd. overpass an hour before the boys' bodies were found.
A neighbour of the McConnells said the mother of the boys was in hospital with several broken bones.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/story/2010/02/03/edmonton-millett-boys-custody-battle.html#ixzz0eVpsplpf

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page