Suggest insoles - KickRunners.com
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 21 Old 11-16-2009, 01:17 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member
 
muzicgrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Albany, CA
Posts: 22,241
Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 1
So I used to wear asics and what I really liked about them was the cushioning. However my foot made holes in them over and over again so I switched to New Balance this last time. Now my PF in one foot has flared up (mostly felt in my heel)...I have been rolling it but I suspect I need insoles especially since I am considered a heavy runner for a female. Anyone have suggestions?
muzicgrl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 of 21 Old 11-16-2009, 01:19 AM
Addicted Member
 
antagonist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: So Cal bitches, BLF represent!!!
Posts: 12,910
Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Superfeet.

"Listen, kiddo. I'm trying to be patient. Try to keep up, alright sweet potato?"
antagonist is offline  
#3 of 21 Old 11-16-2009, 01:21 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member
 
muzicgrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Albany, CA
Posts: 22,241
Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by antagonist View Post
Superfeet.
Ok I wear a size 8. Thanks.




Just kidding... I will go get some next weekend.
muzicgrl is offline  
#4 of 21 Old 11-16-2009, 01:23 AM
Addicted Member
 
antagonist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: So Cal bitches, BLF represent!!!
Posts: 12,910
Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
amyber???


What the ****?

"Listen, kiddo. I'm trying to be patient. Try to keep up, alright sweet potato?"
antagonist is offline  
#5 of 21 Old 11-16-2009, 01:24 AM
Special Member
 
Ella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 5,357
Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
I read that as suggest insults.
Ella is offline  
#6 of 21 Old 11-16-2009, 01:25 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member
 
muzicgrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Albany, CA
Posts: 22,241
Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by antagonist View Post
amyber???


What the ****?
I dont think I like typing on this laptop! That was supposed to be maybe.
muzicgrl is offline  
#7 of 21 Old 11-16-2009, 01:25 AM
Moderator
 
Tech Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 4,843
Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 0
Anty is right. Superfeet. At least try them. And ask...they used to have a deal where you could return them, no questions asked. But you have to give them a chance because they feel REALLY weird for the first week or so.

Also, try rolling a frozen water bottle on your foot while you're at work. Works wonders. Did with me....Also stretch...*carefully*.

One other thing...a lot of times if it's in the heel, it's a heel spur, and not PF. Similar thing, just a little different. Treatment is pretty much the same though.
Tech Tee is offline  
#8 of 21 Old 11-16-2009, 01:26 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member
 
muzicgrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Albany, CA
Posts: 22,241
Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Tee View Post
Anty is right. Superfeet. At least try them. And ask...they used to have a deal where you could return them, no questions asked. But you have to give them a chance because they feel REALLY weird for the first week or so.

Also, try rolling a frozen water bottle on your foot while you're at work. Works wonders. Did with me....Also stretch...*carefully*.

One other thing...a lot of times if it's in the heel, it's a heel spur, and not PF. Similar thing, just a little different. Treatment is pretty much the same though.
I have been rolling it on a lacrosse ball. Hurts like crazy but makes it feel better afterwards. I have to be careful with my arches though because if I mess with them too much they will cramp....and that HURTS!
muzicgrl is offline  
#9 of 21 Old 11-16-2009, 01:28 AM
Special Member
 
Ella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 5,357
Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Yeah, pull your toes back and stretch your foot before you get out of bed in the morning - repeat 10 times I think it was. You can also use your thumb to massage the tendon while you do it. It's supposed to help. It definitely makes it less painful to walk first thing in the morning.
Ella is offline  
#10 of 21 Old 11-16-2009, 01:29 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member
 
muzicgrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Albany, CA
Posts: 22,241
Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella View Post
Yeah, pull your toes back and stretch your foot before you get out of bed in the morning - repeat 10 times I think it was. You can also use your thumb to massage the tendon while you do it. It's supposed to help. It definitely makes it less painful to walk first thing in the morning.
Hmmm...maybe it isnt PF. It really only hurts after my runs...not during but definately after.
muzicgrl is offline  
#11 of 21 Old 11-16-2009, 01:29 AM
Moderator
 
Tech Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 4,843
Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicgrl View Post
I have been rolling it on a lacrosse ball. Hurts like crazy but makes it feel better afterwards. I have to be careful with my arches though because if I mess with them too much they will cramp....and that HURTS!
I never did the water bottle hard, just rolled it across and across until the bottom of my foot got numb. Did that several times a day. Made it stop hurting, and I think it helped in the long run.

I also did do what you're talking about with a golf ball. yes, it hurt.
Tech Tee is offline  
#12 of 21 Old 11-16-2009, 01:32 AM
Addicted Member
 
antagonist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: So Cal bitches, BLF represent!!!
Posts: 12,910
Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Get your boyfriend to give you a foot massage.

"Listen, kiddo. I'm trying to be patient. Try to keep up, alright sweet potato?"
antagonist is offline  
#13 of 21 Old 11-16-2009, 01:34 AM
Special Member
 
Ella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 5,357
Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicgrl View Post
Hmmm...maybe it isnt PF. It really only hurts after my runs...not during but definately after.
My understanding of PF is the opposite. Hurts like **** when you get up in the morning, or anytime you've been sitting still for a while then get up to walk. After the first few steps the pain eases up though. That's definitely how it was for me.
Ella is offline  
#14 of 21 Old 11-16-2009, 01:35 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member
 
muzicgrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Albany, CA
Posts: 22,241
Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by antagonist View Post
Get your boyfriend to give you a foot massage.
Great idea. I need one daily!
muzicgrl is offline  
#15 of 21 Old 11-16-2009, 01:36 AM
Addicted Member
 
antagonist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: So Cal bitches, BLF represent!!!
Posts: 12,910
Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicgrl View Post
Great idea. I need one daily!
Typical woman, giver her an inch and she'll take a mile.


"Listen, kiddo. I'm trying to be patient. Try to keep up, alright sweet potato?"
antagonist is offline  
#16 of 21 Old 11-16-2009, 01:38 AM
Moderator
 
Tech Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 4,843
Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella View Post
My understanding of PF is the opposite. Hurts like **** when you get up in the morning, or anytime you've been sitting still for a while then get up to walk. After the first few steps the pain eases up though. That's definitely how it was for me.
You are correct. PF is a KILLER in the morning. Because when you sleep, your foot points, which relaxes the tendon. So, when you wake up, and step out of bed, you stretch the tendon, and it hurts like ****!

They have those Strasburg Socks and boots to wear that keep your foot stretched when you sleep. They work, but, they are uncomfortable to wear.
Tech Tee is offline  
#17 of 21 Old 11-16-2009, 02:07 AM
Advanced Member
 
AlaMichele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 787
Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella View Post
My understanding of PF is the opposite. Hurts like **** when you get up in the morning, or anytime you've been sitting still for a while then get up to walk. After the first few steps the pain eases up though. That's definitely how it was for me.
That describes my PF exactly. I also use Superfeet (berry color). The salesperson suggested I swap them out for what I had been using midway through my long runs for awhile to adjust to them. Since that wasn't convenient, I just ran in them and did fine.
AlaMichele is offline  
#18 of 21 Old 11-16-2009, 02:17 AM
Addicted Member
 
mmoonptdeux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 11,855
Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 6
Superfeet are good - another one you might want to try is Sole brand insoles

You can mold these to your shape of your foot - I've had a pair that I've used exclusively for my longer runs and I've had no issues. I got my pair at REI

How to run a marathon: Step 1: You start running. There is no Step 2
- Joe
My Newest Blog
mmoonptdeux is offline  
#19 of 21 Old 11-16-2009, 03:05 AM
Special Member
 
runbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,048
Likes Earned: 11
Likes Given: 0
So let's say, because it doesn't hurt in the morning, that it isn't PF. Then the question is, why does your heel hurt? Could be broken bones or heel spurs. If you have insurance, it might be worth having it looked at.
runbill is offline  
#20 of 21 Old 11-16-2009, 05:45 AM
Addicted Member
 
Xena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The North Pole
Posts: 14,869
Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicgrl View Post
So I used to wear asics and what I really liked about them was the cushioning. However my foot made holes in them over and over again so I switched to New Balance this last time. Now my PF in one foot has flared up (mostly felt in my heel)...I have been rolling it but I suspect I need insoles especially since I am considered a heavy runner for a female. Anyone have suggestions?
I use superfeet in my hiking boots as my heels are narrow and they seemed to moved around alot in the boots.

However for runnign shoes I would consider seeing a foot dude who custom makes them to your feet as you run a lot. Superfeet are awesome but running is such a repetitive motion that any change in your shoes can affect other parts of your body.

Also could it simply be that you need to be fitted to different shoes. I would hesitate to just stick a set of insoles in my shoes though because it may change your alignement and affect gate and stride in some way and cause you other problems. Have it checked out wiht someone who specializes in this.

Whatever you can do,
Or think you can, begin it.
Boldness has power, and genius,
And magic in it.
- Goethe
Xena is offline  
#21 of 21 Old 11-16-2009, 12:25 PM
Special Member
 
lkschiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lebanon, MO
Posts: 3,290
Likes Earned: 12
Likes Given: 0
Are you needing just the arch support or cushion as well?
lkschiller is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off