Baked Potato Soup
2 1/2 lbs baby red potatoes - quartered - not peeled
1/2 lb raw bacon - diced
1 yellow onions - diced
1/4 bunch celery - diced
1 quart whole milk
1 quart water
2 ounces chicken base
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 sticks butter
6 ounces flour
1 cup whipping cream
1/4 bunch fresh parsley
1. Boil potatoes in water for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside. Do not peel potatoes.
2. In a large heavy pot, saute` bacon, onions, and celery over medium-high heat until celery is tender. Drain bacon grease and return bacon, onion and celery to pot.
3. Add milk, water, chicken base, salt and pepper, Heat over medium-high heat until very hot. DO NOT BOIL.
4. In a heavy large saucepan, melt butter and add flour (called a roux). Mix well and allow to bubble, stirring for one minute. WHile constantly stirring soup, add the flour butter mixture slowly. Continue stirring soup until thick and creamy.
5. Stir in potatoes, parsley and whipping cream.
6. Serve while hot. Garnish shredded colby cheese, fried bacon bits and chopped green onions.