or Connect

Posts by Thor

YES!  YES! You can TOTALLY DO THIS with a one week on, one  week off plan. Don't get wigged by people telling you that you need to do it this way or that way. You can do it this way and, in fact, you have so much run way until Fall that if you start early you will not only do this but you will do it rather successfully. As BrewDad said, the first time at this distance is going to hurt anyway, especially if you're fit enough (and you are) to run the whole thing. Roden is...
Good morning, TEAM LIT!   Julie: Have fun on the long run today! Hope it goes well.   TASM: What a nice surprise that must've been for your friend to show up... bearing lunch no less! Hope the side-effects for R5 are nada, zippo, nothing.   ksrup: I'm with you on the emotion surrounding the marathon. I know for me that my emotions are running far more wild precisely because of all the media attention. I don't mind the extra press -- I actually like it -- but it...
Good morning, TEAM LIT!   Cake: 10 mile TT @ 21 mph! Girl, rock on. And hey, you are now in that sweet spot where the harder you push and the stronger you get, the faster you will go in not just an incremental way as it has been before. Because at that speed you are fast enough to power over all the smaller hills and use them to slingshot you toward more speed. Efficiencies are easier to be had because you're tapped out and feeling out the terrain in the name of staying...
Good morning, TEAM LIT!   All: I simply LOVED the childhood memories in yesterday's thread. We should do something like "childhood memories" every Tuesday or something. MQ, a GREAT idea!   Geo: Wow. Just wow about your time in Sri Lanka. I had no idea. Really special to know. I can only imagine that a part of you is sad for what has since happened.   hobey: I totally understand about the BAA 5K shirt. I was like that, and I still am to a degree, about the Boston...
 I felt like this yesterday when I got home from work! Iron Strength workouts. :)
Good morning, TEAM LIT!   Boston Strong. A year later. Too many emotions to get going over. To all who selfishly wish to knock freedom and community spirit from high above, I say Fuck you!   Geo: Damn, sorry to hear. Glad everything checked out good. Guessing it isn't a virus either, as they would have likely found that. Keep us updated.   MQ: I knew GG was heading your way. She was pulling out of the driveway as we were getting rolling for our Tuesday run....
One of these years. But not this year. :( Really psyched for you guys, Jocelyn, Scotty and Kim. I know you'll have a blast!
Good morning, TEAM LIT!   Julie: Awesome pace for you in the 5K! Hoping for 9's but wind up at 8:30?! Awesome.   Weekend Recap...   Saturday: 5.5 mile trail run with a few others at my favorite set of trails. Such a lovely way to open the day, with the sun rising, us on the trails for the first time pretty much for the season. Can't even begin to tell you how much I miss trails!   Sunday: Doyle's 5 Miler, 30:49 (6:11 pace), 38th place (fast, big field), 12th age...
Good morning, TEAM LIT!   Alaska Mike: Sweet run yesterday, man. If you did that comfortably, you're in good shape for Boston. Love the commitment for those early morning bangs!   Tamster (and Beth and Alaska Mike): "Re: it's not my knee. It's my VMO which is failing due to the overwork from my weak ass..." This is precisely why you need Iron Strength workouts. No joke. The idea behind IS is that it is a weak ass (and all supporting muscles) that cause most injuries in...
Happy Dancing!!!! TASM, amazing news. Amazing. And now you got that song stuck in MY head!