Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

Wednesday, Feb. 3 - WORKOUTS!

745 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  SpartyGirl 
#1 ·
Good morning, TEAM LIT!

zoj: Sometimes life gets too busy to do what we want, and that is what happened to you. Your consistency helps smooth over those "lost" days. Keep chin up, smile on face, and moving forward!

Me...

3.5 mile run/walk early this morning. Ran most but had to walk. Averaged 11:45 minute miles. Not good but I do enjoy plodding over running. Wish I were bounding on top of my feet, but gotta live in the skin I have.

Great day, friends!

#2 ·
Thor - I admire your attitude!
Geo - Not quite half way. 10 total auditions (3 of which is for talent scholarships - getting in the theatre program wouldn't require audition), only 2 done so far. 4 coming up next Mon-Tue (at Chicago Unified auditions), then on and on..... Yeah DD is handling it well - DH and I are only doing the driving part of it and trying not to ask too many questions, unless she brings up how it went.

Well, not no-run Wednesday today, due to this Friday being busy all day (at Indoor Mtb park!!), I decided to do the Friday run today. 6 easy miles. On this training plan, Tue (speed), Thur (tempo) and Sun (long) are S.O.S. workouts (Something of substance). So I am hoping tomorrow's run goes ok without a rest day between the two SOS workouts... Oh well.

#3 ·
Yo - Sounds like you and DH are doing your best to maintain DD's sanity :) If your DD is anything like mine, she's stressing about a lot of her senior year (class-wise and college-wise)..

Glad you're getting running in this week, Thor ... Five days in a row of running or run-walking ... way to go!

Treadmill workout at lunch for me. 2 miles @ 8 mm pace, and bumped pace over the next three miles, with a fast (about 7 mm) finish for the last couple of minutes. Overall, 7:43 pace, 5.18 miles, 40 minutes @ 1 deg.

Geo.

#4 ·
Yo - Sounds like you and DH are doing your best to maintain DD's sanity :) If your DD is anything like mine, she's stressing about a lot of her senior year (class-wise and college-wise)..
Oh believe me she has her moments - a LOT of them, getting stressed out about particularly the senior year academics. Now in the last semester, I thought she would relax a bit, but no, she is still the perfectionist. Re. auditions, she knows DH/I know nothing about acting, no input whatsoever, so she handles things on her own pretty well. Plus she enjoys performing in front of others (and welcomes the pressure, maybe).

#5 ·
Yoshi: I am impressed. I would be so awful at performing. I do however wish I had some type of musical ability but alas, nothing. I do however make an excellent italian meringue buttercream which is delicious.

Haku and trainer road this am while GG did her elliptical then weights. Also my 30 squats from challenge. My February FitRev challenge group has a double as a challenge today so I'll roll that into my mile streak tonight. Right now it is looking like a walk so I can run tomorrow a.m. with the peeps.

#6 ·
Reg and Yosake: Cheers to you both sounding sane at this point :) LOL I am glad that is a few years away for me!!!

Thor: Glad you are able to get the runs in.

Alicia: H&C is a great program. I am a Beachbody junkie and own TONS of programs, this one will be a go to for years to come. I personally love doing the DVDs. Most are 35-45 minutes, can be done at any time so quick right at home and I love following a professionally designed program. Would definitely recommend this one. 21Day Fix XT is great too!

Me: Chisel total body done. Abs done too. She is killer trainer :)

#7 ·
Thanks for the feedback Julie!
Yoshiko - So impressed with your DD's drive, I see where she gets it!
Geo - What's with all of this running? You sound like you might even be enjoying it.
MQ - Yum. For real. Yum.
Thor - Whenever you post your plodding times I smile and think 'hey Thor and I could run together!' ;)

As for me, just planks and PT stuff today. Lifted heavier weights yesterday, so I didn't want to go nuts. Of course tomorrow I'll be at the dentist all morning...blah. In kid news DS has nailed down the backstroke in swim lessons! This kid was terrified of lessons for a long time, but with so much time near water in the summer we kept nudging to the pool. He's been working hard and has a goal to make the rec swim team. His front crawl is okay, but his backstroke looks good. His breaststroke kick is also really smooth, will be interesting to see if he can figure out the arms...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.