Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

Wednesday, Sept. 2 - WORKOUTS!

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  em73 
#1 ·
Good morning, TEAM LIT!

MQ: Glad to hear you're feeling better. My trick at easing the mind away from burnout was always (and still is) about keeping it social and going with the flow, meaning seeking out social workouts at every opportunity and instead of doing what I had wanted to go with what others are doing.

Reg: Cat ever get down?

ksurp: Nicely done on getting back in the water!

Sparty: Got wired up?! :)

Yoshi: I think what you see between your overachieving daughter and son is actually quite common. It seems as if one sibling crowds out the other, so to speak, but doing and being. I'm sure it is difficult to remain neutral in at least the words you use around your son when talking about your daughter. I'm always very conscious of my words to not start/promote jealousy. I've always felt jealousy is the root of bad self image.

Me...

5 mile run early this morning. Really, really, REALLY happy to report that although I am still no where near back to normal, I am actually feeling much better when I run. This morning my opening mile was a 9:40, so you know I'm still effected by illness, but I was able to drop that into the 8's and then in to the 7's for the last three miles! I was actually running on top of my feet again rather than plodding. My legs still feel heavy and congested, but they are feeling less so than they had for the last three months. Also, my symptoms during times not running are definitely abating. Not gone, but far muted. Only today do I feel as if I've turned a corner.

Great day, friends!

See less See more
#2 ·
55 minute easy trainer spin last night.

#5 ·
Nice Thor! hope you are still going to get it checked out tho...

Yesterday was a short ride after work...felt ok...pace not so much...the ugliness from Saturday is still around apparently. :(
Today - trail run of unknown time...left my watch in my office (not on purpose)...oops! ran to a spot I knew was about 18-20 minutes in and then turned back. So figure about 35-40 minutes on the trails. Thor...I think your heavy legs has found a home in mine...lol

#9 ·
4 mile run in 93 heat index, I am not a fan. Went reasonably well, practiced my extreme-heat IMOO protocols and although I didn't nail it - I have some more experience on what to monitor
FIB
2.5 mile OWS right after. Felt nice but slow due to run wearing me down. Good thing run is always LAST in Tri...

Great news Thor!

Reactions: cak73
#10 ·
1 hour TrainerRoad ride.. Carsons.. sucked!

#11 ·
64 minute swim, 30 minute power walk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.