Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

Friday, Dec. 19 - WORKOUTS!

806 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  BethR 
#1 ·
Good morning, TEAM LIT!

All (re: Unbroken): Funny how I just, like just yesterday, looked into the story and said, man, I gotta see that. That was before yesterday's daily bread thread where you guys let me know it was adapted from a book. I think I'll try to get it and read it over the holiday break! Thinking it's popular, so I doubt I'll get it from the library. Might have to pop on Amazon at some point today. Story seems amazing!

Kirsten: I cannot wait to hear the stories when you get back from Uganda!

Yoshi: Sounds like you're doing all the right stuff.

Beth: Please tell the hubby I said hello! Fond memories of bumping into you guys for dinner the night before I did IMLP!

der Kaiser: Good luck with the relocation. I was hoping you'd say... BOSTON!

SwimmerGirl: Coughing thing sounds horrible.

Me...

5 mile run early this chilly morning at 28F. Got away with shorts. Lucky me!

Great day, friends!

See less See more
#2 ·
SB: Be better my friend!
Beth: Nice to see you back around these parts. Your little guy must be going bonkers right about now (and Alicia too, yours are the right age for the Santa stuff!) Enjoy, before you know it they will be teens and no more Santa :(
Thor: You HAVE to read Unbroken. Amazing story and person.

Me: Spin class :)

#6 ·
Keysor - good luck with the move. Work related?
SB - that sounds painful. Hope you get better soon
Beth - glad to hear ur foot getting better. Forgot about 'Awakening'. I liked Patch Adams and Birdcage as well.
Thor - shorts in 28F?!
Geo - brrrrrrrr. Totally hardcore.

Thx for encouraging words about my training. I'm not completely out of woods about tight back. But keeping it under control thanks to the Hanson's philosophy of "no one run is harder than the rest ". I'm nicely recovering each day and ready to go for the next day.
7 miles easy run. Happy to see a lower HR at a my typical easy pace. Legs felt light too. Hip, a little noise.

Have a great weekend all! Another wrestling meet....

#7 ·
Sneaked out for about four miles at lunch. It was the big all hands potluck at work, so I felt happy getting out ampng all the gluttony (not mine, I hand my normal brought in lunch, very unparticipatory).

28F would push the limit for a training run I think. Not sure. I am basically in long pant mode from now until the snow melts. You know, June.

Move is work related. DW got promoted into a nice job in another facility. Now I need to see what I can find there. Should work out pretty well, I am not without skills. The area is much more hilly, which will work out nice for me.

#8 ·
Nothing today, got in the pool with Eli and kicked around but just played.
Julie, I was just pondering this is the first year he really gets Christmas. He understands the reason we celebrate, doing the advent calendar each night and putting a nativity scene together, reading the stories, listening to Christmas music nonstop, and of course he is hopeful that Santa will bring him gifts. Last year he was just phrenetic crazy energy all hyped up but this year he gets it. Fun stuff! Can't believe you have teens? Tweens? Seems so far away but it'll happen in a blink, I know.

Proud of him lately, sticking to ice skating even though he's frustrated at falling and not able to get up on his own yet. I'm trying to emphasize practice, practice, practice to be good at anything. (10,000 hours to be an expert - from Outliers - is always in my mind). Not that we're steering him toward hockey but just trying everything to see where is interests lie.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.