Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

It's the Weekend Workouts - 11/22 and 11/23

1K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Swimmerbee 
#1 ·
5 crazies on the group ride (22F at start). 52+ miles through Dover, Eliot, Kittery and back. The bottom of my feet were numb by the end - otherwise all felt fine. Might have to invest in some real winter cycling boots next year ...

No big plans for the weekend ....

Congrats on the move, Thor!

Great weekend alll...

Geo.

#2 ·
That's crazy cold for road riding Geo! Hope the roads were clear and safe to ride. Here we had freezing rain and shut down the airport for a few hrs.

Swimmerbee- Alaska! How many miles? Is cold water a challenge in July?

Another 6 miles.. A bit slippery wet surface near the kids school (after dropped off DS at his wrestling practice). Back tightening up is a little concern. It's only 2nd week...

Good luck Beth!!

#8 ·
Yay Beth!

Figured I would make today count just in case I get a crappy diagnosis tomorrow. 6 miles (oops). In my defense, I walked the first 10min and the last 22min with a 1:1 run/walk in the middle. Stopped at Starbucks with 1.3 left to go to guarantee that I would walk the last bit. Strategy worked as my leg FREAKED for the walk home, but less than an hour later I feel fantastic. :)

#9 ·
Beth - looking forward to hearing the details! Yay!!
Sparty - love that kind of run/walk!

8 mile run. I miss running dirt rd/trail. I avoided them today due to mud/wet conditions. My feet could tell when they ran on concrete.
DH/DS's troop served a great Feast
Yesterday. So proud how hard both work.

#12 ·
Sat was a bust since I spent like 12 hours packing and moving crap to prepare for the construction guys coming Monday (big leak, lots of damage).

Sun was 75min @ 3300 yds masters and then 90min spin.

#13 ·
Saturday, I don't really remember what I did, but nothing too active.

Sunday, I did 22 miles on the bike. in 1:20, not too bad, not a "fast" course.

#14 ·
Saturday: 6 mile run for a peep reunion. Great to hang out with others I had not seen in a while.
Sunday: 2000 yd swim with Robin. So great to swim with her. 1:38 100 which was my fastest in a while. Made ice cream for Turkey Day pies and did leaf stuff outside with hubster. Closing in on finally finishing my 2009 ironman scrapbook. Need to finish by Wednesday.

#15 ·
Saturday 2 mile ow swim, water temps are starting to drop (at last) followed by a 17 mile bike ride with a group of friends who I usually swim with. One is used to leading groups and lead this ride but most of us thought it was going to be 20-30 miles and felt over prepared! Still quite fun and followed by a stop at a local brewry.

Sunday 2 mile swim in bouncy conditions followed by day 1 of front door repair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.