Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

Friday, November 21 Workouts

783 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Swimmerbee 
#1 ·
Good morning all!

Commute day (low 16's in). One lone turkey crossing a major road (free Thanksgiving dinner!). Luckily traffic was slow, otherwise would have been a major mess.

By my exercise log, I'll have 5007 by the end of the evening commute, so woot for me. The rest is - as they tritely say - gravy ...

And in case you need waking up on a Friday morning, this is indeed - all kinds of WTF:
http://www.incrediblethings.com/video/chinese-music-video-every-kind-wtf/

Great day all!

Geo.

#3 ·
Nothing yet for me. Debating going to gym at lunch. Running peeps gathering tomorrow a.m. and ice cream making afterward with Peep Scott and his wife so I need to do something. Also, I'm wearing H;s jeans since my don't fit great so I need to do something about exercise and making better choices. Ugh!

#4 ·
Those who aren't feeling well, hope some rest, warm cup of tea, and good movie or two this weekend will take good care of you.

Geo - woohoo!! Impressive miles esp considering the long winter last year and early arrival of winter this year.
swimmerbee - dolphin! Are they in the water you swim in around all year long? Is the air temp lower than the water temp...? Brrrr.
Thor - congrats to moving in the dream house. I know how challenging moving is with two little kids. Good luck.

low 20's but nice sunny day. Gorgeous winter day (if this was in Dec or Jan).... 6 miles. A bit laborious. Legs might work harder on snow yesterday. I am reading Hanson's marathon book (wanted to understand what's behind their marathon plan). Running slow is not only ok, but totally necessary for certain physiological adaptation in order to run a good marathon. Makes a good sense.

Have a good weekend!

#5 ·
Yoshiko - are you using the Hanson method this time around? I'm guessing it would suit you pretty well. The stores do group runs all year long and the rumor is that the elites and coaches are there sometimes...

MQ - I hear you on the pants situation. It's not pretty over here. I need to trim down so the Boston peeps don't meet Fat Sparty in June!

Thor - congrats on the move!

Easy easy easy walk on the treadmill a bit later (maybe a couple of minutes of running...maybe).

#6 ·
Yoshiko - are you using the Hanson method this time around? I'm guessing it would suit you pretty well. The stores do group runs all year long and the rumor is that the elites and coaches are there sometimes...
Yep! So far I like the simplicity of it. Only 2 "SOS" ('something of substances') workouts - speed and long run (not even that long, only 8 mile!). Ever other runs are easy 6mile. They really criticize the mega long run in relation to the totally weekly volume. A long run shouldn't exceed 25-30% of the weekly mileage. So unless you are running 50mpw, you shouldn't run 15mile+ long run. The plan works well with my work/family schedule. I have been to one of their group runs several years ago. I would love to join again, especially exchanging stories/experiences of the plan with others. thx for reminding me.

#9 ·
Congratulation's Thor! Best luck in the new house. Everyone else get better and for pants issues, throw them out and buy new pants! I counseled one friend this way, adopted all her old pants and then 4 months later she asked for them back. So let it go and see what happens (and if they are my size just send them to me!)

I set out once again to finish my virtual IM for TASM and once again weather and work conspired I am now1 mile short. So a 9 mile ride and then running up and down my slop and trimming brush (inspector is coming to the neighbor's sine I passed some of mine has grown out so I had to keep it tidy).

I just got off the phone with my friends at the Cook Inletkeeper in Homer Alaska and we are a go for a relay swim attempt across Cook Inlet July 29-Aug 3 2015 to raise awareness for the Beluga whales living there. Time to start putting together training plans and budgets and looking for sponsors. It been a few years that I've been after this and at last we are getting it going with a full team of support in Alaska.

One more organizational meeting today. Tomorrow has both a swim and a bike ride planned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.