Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

Be a Loser!! A Big Loser like me. Winter Edition

20K views 132 replies 13 participants last post by  AdCo 
#1 ·
With just about 9 months left til IMMT, I'm going to make an effort to be here more and contribute!! So, my first contribution will be a weight loss "challenge" to myself.
I'll be weighing in tomorrow and taking measurements and pictures tonight! I won't post the pics, but maybe the measurements and monthly updates as I start the whole 30 with a goal to get to my lowest weight since probably high school in 9 months. Any interest?

#6 ·
Ugh.. at 183 this AM, but I've been eating everything in sight this week knowing we are doing the whole30 starting today. Plus last night was 5Guys and a Milkshake, both of which make me retrain water. Oh, and antibiotics, so I'm starting in a great place.. I was 172 at CP 2 months ago, and 179 on friday, so I should get down a few lbs pretty quickly. Let's do this.. Goal is about 160 or lower (lowest since I at least college) by Mid August

Game ON!

#10 ·
So, ate well the past 24 hours and feeling a bit better.. Bloat is down, so i'm at 180.5 this am, but I'm posting it here mostly to be responsible to myself, not for any other reason, we'll see how it goes.

#11 ·
I weighed in. I'm Whole30'ing, so I won't get on the scale again until Day 31. Let's just say I need this, badly.

#13 ·
Okay, I am in. I have slacked on my meal plan after IML. I will get on the scale tomorrow.

My goal is to get to 135 by IML 2015 (mid-Oct). Stretch goal is 130. I like MQ's idea of a mid-goal. So, I am heading to Disney in Feb for the Princess half. I will base my interim goal on my morning weight - yikes!

#14 ·
179.5 - i think that's most of the water weight, but I feel less bloated.

#15 ·
261 as of my weigh in with our swim team's biggest loser, so I'm game.

today 258

target 222 by Challenge Roth - 7/17/14 (not sure if I am going, but it is good as any)

sub goal: 250 by 1/1/14.

I had some Med issues midSept-midOct and basically wasn't able to work out or do jack and I blimped about 9lbs. ouch.

#16 ·
180.0 this AM, was 178.5 yesterday, but ate late and it was salty, we'll see :)

#17 ·
I'm in. Thanks for starting this Adco! Less disciplined habits since IMMT have taken their tool.
Number this am: 187.

Yuck. I want to have better body composition for my olys next season and it will be a heck of a lot easier to go faster if I'm not carrying so much of myself around. Each year I say I'm going to accomplish this and I don't. I have no problem sticking to my training plan but have big problems sticking to an eating plan. It is too easy for me to view food as a reward. My goal is to start with 10 lbs by Jan 15th and then I will set a new goal.

#25 ·
Thanks for the link Julie! That makes total sense to me. I've also tried Whole 30, Paleo, Atkins, etc and I can do it for a while but the planning/thinking about what I can/can't eat totally consumes me. I am going to cut back on sugar, increase fruits/veg, and be more mindful of what/when I eat.

#19 ·
Wow Julie, actually achieving moderation! Does wearing a watch bother you or are you one of those people that can sleep in one? I keep looking at the trackers (particularly wonder about sleep) but I unconsciously yank off watches during the day and can't sleep with one on so I keep wondering if I could manage to wear one enough to justify buying it. Otherwise, its all about responsibility and there's other ways to make it happen but all these trackers and bands look like fun!

#23 ·
Beth - that is awesome about the cholesterol!
Julie - I hear you about the moderation. I'm the daughter of a retired chef. It's not dessert if it's not butter and/or heavy cream. I may have a love affair with white sugar and white flour...

I need this thread now more than ever to stave off the emotional eating that I'm wanting to do! Down a bit in water weight and hormone shift.

174.8 this morning. The low 170s seem to be my 'stuck' point, so 169 by March 1 and maintain it for a month before moving on to the next goal.

#24 ·
Welcome aboard, all!!

I'm at 178.5.

#27 ·
for planning monica Found PlantoEat.com.. it's awesome, makes planing WAY easier. it's not free after the trial, but well worth it.

#28 ·
Bumped up a little to 181 over the weekend of eating "bad" thinks.. better on Friday, but we'll see how it goes on this week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.