Aline shoe inserts - KickRunners.com
Forum Jump: 

#1 of Old 04-01-2008, 06:28 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
Likes Given: 0
I saw these (http://www.aline.com/) at the Multisport World Expo at MIT last weekend and I'm considering getting a pair. I currently have orthodics, which I hate. Has anyone tried the inserts from Aline Systems? I know stuff like this is all relative to the individual user, but before I make the investment I wanted to see if anyone else had had an experience - good, bad or indifferent - with these things. Thanks!
#2 of Old 04-02-2008, 08:27 PM

Likes Earned: 0
The heel looks really high in the back, which could be good if you have an achilles problem, but not so good if you have PF. What are your symptoms? I have PF and use the powersteps at heelspurs.com. Since I started wearing them a few years ago the PF is vastly improved, and they only run around $20.00/pair. Buying the wrong inserts for your condition, like wearing the wrong shoes, could cause serious injury so be sure to start out slowly and only wear them for a few miles at a time until you see how you do with them.
#3 of Old 04-02-2008, 09:49 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

I actually took a trip to the companies HQ today and was fit/measured for a second time. My orthodics are terrible and I can't use them anymore so I ended up deciding to give this system a try - I guess it places extra emphasis on stregthening the foot, not just compensating for any impalance - which, for me, was in the soft tissue under the toe next to the big one on my right foot - but luckily no PF issues so far! The company has a 30 day return policy so I'll give it a shot for a week or two to see what happens. But I will definately take your advice and get into them slowly to make sure no serious injuries develop.

Thanks for the response!
#4 of Old 04-02-2008, 10:05 PM

How often do they have to be replaced? Please keep me posted on how you do with them. Maybe they're even better than the powersteps.

Cheryl
#5 of Old 04-03-2008, 12:00 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Cheryl,
They said once to twice a year as a general rule, but followed that up by saying its really dependent on the user. From what I could gather its like other foot related products and you just start to feel the after-effects of a worn out product. They do seem to be pretty durable though. I'll keep you updated over the next few weeks.
#6 of Old 07-06-2011, 10:26 AM

I have a pair for my golf shoes. I was fitted a a golf shop now i wear the all the time in all my shoes. I just order a new pair but whene i recived them there were no wedges to fit them to my feet.But they are great love them.  good luck

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page