Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

11/30-12/4

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  ksrunr 
#1 ·
Start of a new week. I ran 2 miles on Saturday and another 2 miles Sunday evening. My legs feel good but still tired so I will do one more easy day and then a 20 miler on the treadmill Tuesday.

I just signed up for another marathon. 211 laps around an indoor track in Arlington Va. It's the same race Michael Wardian set the world indoor record for 50k last year but at a different location.

My last indoor race was a 5k 12 years ago. I always liked to race indoors when I was in high school.

#2 ·
Hey Rip!

I would be worrying about my hips unless they were changing directions every half hour or so. There's a 24 hr race near here that reverses every 6 hours. I couldn't hack that.

Got a decent 10 miles in on Saturday, mostly solo on my favourite trail. 5.3 miles today after work with a bit of exploring up an old rail trail that is being going to get resurfaced next year.

#3 ·
Hi all. Rip sounds like quite a challenge!

Hi Heme. Good to see u running again

Ran to a 3rd age group at turkey trot. Not fast. The time I ran last year would have easily won the division. Ran good effort so I'm good. At 3 miles I got a pain shoot thru lower back but went away. Drove to SA to spend Thanksgiving w kids. Thursday night back pain came back w a vengeance. Julie had to drive me home Saturday. I preached Sunday a. m. But not p. m. Tried to work today but couldn't. See doc in morning. Self diagnosis is kidney infection and or bruise. I hit a hole in trail race two weeks ago that severely jarred area I'm hurting. Pee is dark so ........

I am feeling some better so hopefully I can just take this week off

#4 ·
Kidney stones maybe KS? Heard those aren't fun.

Nice mileage Heme.

I wasn't going to run another marathon, but I like the idea of flat, controlled temp, and an afternoon start. No mention of changing directions. My left side is usually my bad side. Don't know if that is good or bad.

I did 4 miles this morning at a little faster pace. So warm and humid at the fitness center, my shirt was almost soaked through in only a half hour. If it is as warm tomorrow for my long run, I'll have to cut the pace back.

#5 ·
Fitness center was warm and humid again. Didn't feel that good right from the start as those two high mile weeks wore me down. I kept increasing the pace every mile though and would just get comfortable before another increase. I made it 12 miles and down to 6:50 pace. Time for the run was just under 1:30. My shoes were soaked when I was finished. Went back in the early evening and ran another 8 miles mostly at 8:20 pace. Started at .5% incline and increased .5 every mile. Ended the day with 20 miles and 1,050 elevation gain. Short easy runs the next 3 days.

#6 ·
Finally feel like I'm feeling better. Had labs done but haven't heard anything yet. Doc didn't think kidney stones but muscular it skeletol. Going to my ortho sports doc tomorrow to make sure no serious damage. Beginning to think nerve or back just twisted again. PT can fix the twist. Pain meds doc gave me must be placebo. I've never taken any pain pills that work. Think I might run starting next Monday for a test. That would be 10 days off running. Still plan on running Houston in mid Jan if back is ok

#7 ·
Hope you're on the mend, KS!

Time to rest up, Rip.

10K of hilly trails with a few friends in the dark after work today. One of the guys told us half way through that his mother passed away this morning. What??!? Guess he just needed to run it out. Really didn't know what to say, so just gave him a big hug.

#8 ·
Felt surprisingly good today. Had my monthly massage yesterday. Pelvis was really out of alignment. Slept in this morning also. After a one mile warm up to get down to 8:00 pace, I did 8 quarter mile hill intervals with quarter mile recovery. First one was 2% incline and then I increased 1% each interval. Last one was at 9%. Last two were extremely hard. Ended with 5 miles and 680 ft elevation gain.

#9 ·
Tough workout Rip.

Weed eated the yard Thursday and mowed today. No after affects so I'm going to try a short run in morning.

I have called to schedule MRI. Doc thinks maybe a bulging disc preceding a nerve. She said people my age and have run as much all likely have bulging disc. Sometimes they cause problems sometimes not.

#10 ·
Pressing on a nerve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.