Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

11.23 - 11.27

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  ripvanracer 
#1 ·
Had a fun 25k trail race Saturday. Much of trail was runnable but several sections forced to run thru water and mud. Fell about 5-6 times due to trying to get up or down steep muddy sections. Ran first lap in 1:22:00 and second lap in 1:30:30. Masters was 50 and up so I didn't place. 60-69 had only 4 and I was well ahead of second. Julie missed 2nd or 3rd masters by a few minutes. But somewhere along the course someone opened a gate which cut off correct trail. She and 3-4 others went off course for about 5 mins. I never saw a gate and she said it was closed on second lap. Around 50 degrees at start and warmed up quickly to 60. Discarded dinglet starting 2nd lap and then the cold front blew in. Temps dropped back to 50 and wind strong and cold. Fortunately wind little factor as we were in woods must if time.

This morning 45 degrees and no wind made for a greta 6 miler. 9:05 warmup and rest of miles 7:49-7:50. Legs barking around 4 miles. Hopefully second run tonight

#2 ·
That does sound like a fun race, despite the unplanned detours. One of our local ones involves a shallow river crossing, so it takes a bit to get the shoes back to any kind of cushioning. We can also get some pretty ugly mud.

Our temps are dipping down to almost freezing these days in the morning. Saturday's trail run was well attended.... ended up with my first double digit run since Chicago.... an easy 10 miler.

This morning was even colder for my drop-the-car-at-the-mechanic's 2 mile commute run. -3°C. Brrrrrrr.

#3 ·
Nice trail race KS. It's been over 1.5 years since I've raced on the trails. Having too much fun on the roads right now.

Nice run Heme. Our temps were in the teens this morning.

I also got in a long run today. 16 miles on the treadmill in 2 hours. .5 incline made the effort around 7:25/mile. Started getting dehydrated so I wouldn't have wanted to go much farther.

#4 ·
Evening all. 5 miles at track tonight.
1 mile warmup, 2 sets 2 X 800 and 1 X 400. 800 between sets. 400 between reps. .75 mile cool down. Temps 75 w bit of breeze.

#5 ·
No run today. Ate something last night which wasn't sitting well w my stomach this morning.

4 mile turkey trot race in morning then off to see the kids a couple days.

Have a great weekend all

#9 ·
Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.

I ran two 5 mile loops in town yesterday afternoon. First loop in 39:20 and the second loop in 37:09.

This morning I did 5 miles on the treadmill in 42 minutes. In the evening I ran 7.27 miles in one hour.

Including my marathon, I have run 141 miles in the last 14 days. Going to take the next couple days easy to recover.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.