Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

Weekend 11-22/23

910 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Baba O'Riley 
#1 ·
Easy 4 miles on Saturday.

#2 ·
Taking it ez Rip?

15k race Saturday. Easily won new age group but still 5 mins off most of masters. Ran 1:09 and change and was hoping for 1:05. Rained first mile and strong winds on the out portion of corse. One mile was almost 8 mins into wind after opening w 6:40

Turkey trot 4 mile race Thursday

#3 ·
Rip's not the only one taking it easy.

WTG on the AG hardware, KS.

I was a total slacker this weekend. Took Friday off to got and meet up with an old HS friend who alternates her summers/winters between the Yukon and east Texas. We had a grand time gabbing. I unfortunately miscalculated the time needed to get back to Toronto, there was an accident on the freeway, and wound up 10 minute late for an evening engagement. I'd agreed to judge the nature division of the Toronto international photo salon, and had everyone in a tizzy when I didn't show up in time. Didn't help that they neglected to leave us a contact number to call in an emergency. Sheesh! We finished up well after 10 and had to get back at it by 8:30 the next day. We finally finished the job around 5 yesterday. I was wiped after that...... 9 hours of sitting and staring at a screen!

Should have tried to get in a run today, but thought that an extra day off wouldn't hurt. Gathered my clippers and saw and headed to that local trail I've been trying to keep open all summer (contrary to the wishes of the local conservation authority). Poison ivy is now gone, so I was able to get into a section that I couldn't access easily before and finally cleared the last major tangled clump of poplar deadfalls from last season. Done! With the exception of a couple of big logs that would need a chainsaw it's now almost bikeable.

#4 ·
Nice racing KS. Good luck at the Turkey Trot.

Great trail work Heme. Others will appreciate more trail.

I caught a stomach bug but it didn't affect my run today. I went to bed early last night and slept 10 hours so I knew something was up. Hopefully it will go away quickly.

I ran a solid progression doing the first 4 miles in 30:40, the second in 29:20 and the last in 28:20. Total time for 12 miles was 1:28:20.

#5 ·
Hi, all.
I got a 4-miler in on Saturday and a 2-miler earlier today. It's the first time this month I was able to run on consecutive days.
The 2-miler was on part of my old high-school cross-country course, a path around a reservoir. I was hoping for two laps, but ran out of light.

Good runs, all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.