Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

First week of February

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  missy1102 
#1 ·
Evening!

No yoga today, but I am meeting Tim & his wife Rachel (who is my other favorite yoga teacher; they are the new owners) and a couple other yogis for a drink later. FUN.

Speaking of Tim, I had an interesting chat with him last night after class, and the heat issue came up. Apparently there is a bit of tension with the change of ownership. The former owners still teach, and they're the ones who melt people, because they don't think the 105°/40% humidity is difficult enough.

!!!

Anyway, Tim doesn't want people to hate yoga because they're first experience was in a MELTING HOT class. So he is going to try to prevent that from happening again. I don't envy him that conversation.

Um… Changed realtors over the last 2 weeks and the house went back on the market today. (It was only off for 2 weeks while all the paperwork processed and we got new pics and stuff taken.) I'm hoping the new lady (she is actually the neighbor who ran out to help when Oskar and I were attacked) will be able to sell it fast. I need to get out. :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Good evening, Kath. And hello to anyone else lurking about...

I ran 8 miles on Saturday and another 3.5 on Sunday, which was enough to give me 100.2 for January. I've been in the mid 1100s for the last two years, so I set a goal of 1200 for 2016. That works out to 100 per month, which means I'm right on target. 100 per month doesn't really seem like all that much, but apparently it's more than I've been able to maintain for the last couple years. I'm happy to reach that number, despite taking off a lot of time after the Houston Marathon.I started off February with 3.2 miles today.

I brewed another batch of beer this weekend. I'd had the ingredients sitting around for a while and I just hadn't gotten around to it. It's an Oktoberfest, so that gives you an idea of how long I'd been putting it off. Not a normal style to be brewed in late January...

#3 ·
Morning 30's I got in a good workout yesterday but I will have to see if I run today since I did some light squats yesterday. The weather here is awesome. It rained and was really windy over the weekend so it cleared the sky and today it is in the 50's with the sun out.

Kath i hope they workout the heat issue.

Bob nice running!!!

#5 ·
its been a very busy week so far.. i ran/walked 1.5 yesterday during AK's gymnastics class. it felt weird and uncomfortable so i mostly walked on the way back. today B and i walked to a local park that has an off leash area where she played with two aussie sheperd puppies. it was fun watching the both of them try to herd her as she was playing fetch.. but she ultimately got tired of being herded and gave a stern bark (which is unusual for her) to get them to knock it off ;)

i've been trying to sleep earlier.. to get in bed, lights out by 11pm and i've been successful for two nights. heh. sometimes its hard b/c DH doesn't get home until late and so by the time i put AK to sleep, we have like 2 hours to hang out/talk before its time to go to bed ourselves. but i feel sooooooo much better during the day when i sleep earlier and yesterday i didn't even have to nap (although, i also didn't get the chance to - i was on the run from 10am until 5pm).

bella is sunbathing on our deck. that girl has such a good life!

#7 ·
i've been trying to sleep earlier.. to get in bed, lights out by 11pm...
I'm trying not to laugh here…. Lately it's been a struggle to stay awake till 9pm. Even when I didn't get up at 4:20am. (Stupid chronic pain is exhausting. Plus the whole not sleeping well because it hurts thing. :roll_eyes: )

Made it to the 60P class this morning (they call it a 60 minute power hour. Not sure if that is common among bikram studios.) Since I've already had Rachel 2x this week for early classes, that means I'll probably get my FAVORITE (Tim) tomorrow. :)

I am beat.

#8 ·
I made a very humbling return to the gym today. I could only do about 75% of the workout, and also cut reps and weight on top of that. Anything with rotation was out. Ugh. I thought I was in a good head space about my recovery, but today it hit me just how close to starting over I will be. Logically that makes sense, but I was holding out some hope that it wouldn't be as bad as I imagined.

#9 ·
Keep at it Amy. It'll get better. Bodies take time to recover from trauma.

Had Tim for class this morning. I'm not sure why, but I have the most fun in his classes. Which doesn't at all mean they are easy. He corrects postures and pushes us, but isn't a dick about it… and he doesn't sound like he is reciting dialog, he is more conversational. And… I don't know. He and his wife are favorites of most of the people I talk to.

(He also happens to be principle violist of our symphony here. SO those pics on fb at the symphony? He is playing in all of them. Which is cool. I grew up going to hear the Cleveland Orchestra play at Severence Hall regularly. So being able to go either for free or $5, and know someone on stage is really cool. :) )

How you DOIN' Missy?

(I know the emphasis on that is wrong, but stupid auto correct won't leave it alone unless it's all caps.)

#12 ·
yikes, bob. glad everyone is ok. still suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks, tho :(

hang in there, amy!!

How you DOIN' Missy?
doing ok, katho. i've been a bit under the weather.. AK brought home some sort of nasty bug that we all subsequently got so i've been fighting that the past few days. i've also been just walking instead of running as a result..

missy your 11 pm statement makes me laugh too. If I am up until 11 something has probably gone wrong. haha
see, DH and i are such night owls! it is very rare to see us in bed before 11pm.. even after working full 16 or 18 or even 24 hr days! i think theres something about the sun being down and we perk up and are most alert ;)

super bowl traffic has picked up around town. theres a military air strip about 3 miles from here and we've def heard an increase in air traffic this week. on sunday morning AK has a bday party towards the direction of where the SB will be held and i got an email asking us to avoid using the highway. uhm, no. for a 9:30 am on sunday we should be fine. on an unrelated note, who DOES that?!?? 9:30am birthday party? WTH.

#10 ·
Evening 30's I got in a good work out yesterday and today. Tomorrow I only need to run but I did weights for my legs, which has been going ok but they might be tied for my run. It is warming up for the next week. We should see temps in the 80's. I am not ready for the warmer temps yet.

missy your 11 pm statement makes me laugh too. If I am up until 11 something has probably gone wrong. haha

kath I am ready for bed early too.

amichel way to get back in the gym!!!

#11 ·
Hrmph. I got in a fender bender this morning on my way to work. There's a bit of snow falling, but it's not too hazardous. I was driving in the left lane minding my own business, when the driver in the right lane swerved into me to avoid a fallen tree branch. No injuries and no major damage, thankfully. Just some small dents. The cops came and eventually determined that the other driver was completely at fault. So now I just have to wait for the official report so that I can contact her insurance company to get my car fixed. Fun stuff...

I've been running most days, but really only 3 to 4 miles at a time. I should get out there this weekend and at least go for double digits...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.