Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

2/23 to 3/1/2015

2K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  bard73 
#1 ·
Holy crap.. we're almost to March already. That is just unreal.

Anyway.. I know the past few entries have been mostly between Kath and Ron... so I thought I'd at least contribute with a start-up post.

((( 30's )))) for everyone.. whether ya need them or not. :) I find it funny that we're still the 30-somethings. Most of us are definitely in the 40's group now, but like the New Kids on the Block, we're certainly not changing our name!

RL has thrown me a little bit of a curveball lately. Nothing that (hopefully) can't be dealt with via a little bit of time and attention, though.

We're starting to warm up a little in the metro Atlanta area. Hopefully you northern folks are also going to experience a bit of that, as well.

I hope you guys all have a (as Tony the Tiger would say) GrrrrrrrrrEAT week!

#3 ·
Only got half of my workouts in last week, including squeezing in the long run of 4 miles last night. Kind of funny, but it's where I am again! Hopefully this week will find a healthy household and I'll be on track!

((30s)) Are missy and I the only still in our 30s that still post? I'm on my last year ;)

#4 ·
Ron, you guys are headed out to Orlando, yes? Will you be going to Disneyworld? Are all the kids going?

Alicat, remind me what RL is. I'm not great at acronyms and my memory is awful. Sorry!

Amy, that 4 miler will keep building! Keep getting out there!

Hi Katho, how's the purging/organizing going?

It continues to be a little insane for me. But a good insane. Ha.

Amy and I will happily be the tokens for our namesakes!

I ran the Seaside half marathon yesterday in 2:05, 9:33/mi avg. I was shooting for sub 2..I'm getting older and slower but I will treasure the fact that I'm still getting out there! I started out at 9 min pace but after two miles was working too hard so I had to back off. At first I was disappointed I wasn't going to be able to hold the pace I trained for but then it dawned on me that it was 68F and I was running on black asphalt under full sun while my body was acclimated to 20F. Haha. Hopefully at the end of the summer I will be acclimated and I can give sub 2 another shot. All in all it was a lovely day, the course was run along the beach and I had a wonderful time. It felt great to be out there racing again.

We head back east tomorrow then I have my last two days of work, then the movers are coming, then we head out to Australia next week. Woooooot!!

#7 ·
I'm glad to say we signed a lease andfinally have an address!

How did that go? Do you find them fun? I went to a few while out here as well - it was fun but a little depressing to see how little we will get for our money. Like, even worse than NY. Yeoch.

Hi Katho, how's the purging/organizing going?
Nice finish!!!! (the race, I mean.)

1) YAY! (Don't forget to update the google doc)

2) Um… Most of the time they're fun. Yesterday one of the agents was my neighbor, who moved into the HUGE pink victorian on the corner last summer. I'd met her husband, but not her. Anyway, when I walked in she said, "Why do you look so familiar? WAIT! You're the girl with the big dogs! You're always out running the shepherd!"

Why yes. I am.

[snicker] I swear people in this neighborhood only know me by my dogs.

The last house I went to (made it to 3) the agent was a bit of a jackass and got me all stressed out about getting my house on the market NOW OR YOU'RE GOING TO MISS YOUR BEST OPPORTUNITY! Which meant a crap night of sleep, even though i kept telling myself he's just being a weenie salesman and let it go. I'll get it on the market as soon as I can. I have some friends coming in March to help with painting, so I have a deadline to get a bunch of stuff done, which will help.

I'm going to guess the cost of living here is WAY less than anywhere you've lived. I guess when it's down to the wire and I have to actually make an offer I'll probably want to throw up. :D

3) I got some stuff packed tonight, and cleaned out one of the drawers that at one point was organized (my doing) but became a junk drawer (not my doing). Even though I only got 1 of the 3 junk drawers done, it still felt SOOOO good to throw all that crap away. HAHAHA.

So…. it's coming. I'm more annoyed lately with the situation than usual, so hopefully that will help me get a lot done this week. :D

Butt tape and ran a dinky mile on the ™ today. Had planned to run further but ran out of time.

#22 ·
CAUTION: large multi-quote post coming up!!!!!!

So…. it's coming. I'm more annoyed lately with the situation than usual, so hopefully that will help me get a lot done this week. :D

Butt tape and ran a dinky mile on the ™ today.
1- i'm not happy to hear that the situation is even more annoying than usual but i'm happy to hear that its providing some motivation. slow and steady.. it will come!

House hunting is starting to get more serious; we're narrowing what we really want and stuff that would be nice but compromise on, so its time to start looking into seeing what they'll pre-approve us for
FUN!! house hunting is fun. i think selling is way more stressful. are you looking to try to stay in a particular neighborhood? i.e. closer to bard's family?

I am bummed though.. snow is coming down just 45 minutes up the road, and REALLY coming down 2 hours from here. So close, yet so far away....
ah!!!!!! thats frustrating. i like snow and i'm going to miss it. i love nothing more than a huge snowstorm with the possibility of having to be stuck indoors for days :) (so long as the power doesn't go out)

It started in my foot, then moved to the ankle, then halfway up to the knee. Since then, it's moved back to my foot.
yikes. new shoe time? maybe try icing post run? hope it goes away permanently!

My run felt effortless! 3.25 miles in 28:08. Boom!

I'm thinking about doing an indoor tri on Sunday.
1- SHAAZZZZAAAAMMM!!!!!

2- DOITDOITDOITDOITDOIT! :D

Rest day today, long run tomorrow and bike trainer Sunday
RAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRR

Less than 5 months until I trip to Scotland for the British Open!
what what what?!???? is this for work?! i LOVE scotland. i spent a summer studying abroad there.. and dh (then my new boyfriend of like 2 months) came out to visit and we have a marvelous time there. so many happy memories.

safe travels, ron!!! have a lovely time with the mrs and enjoy disneyworld!!

things are getting down to the wire here and so its a little cray.. we'll basically be living out of a suitcase for the next 8 weeks or so with all the traveling, then the drive across, then our apt won't be ready until a week after we get there. it'll be nice to set up shop and settle down whenever we finally get to it.

i'm going to try my best to keep up with running/working out/pilates while on the road. i'm finally at a point where i'm consistently at it and also have a somewhat decent fitness level so i'd really like to keep it up to prepare to ramp up for marathon training mid/late summer.

that being said, 29 mins on the elliptical this morning during DD's gymnastics class.

#9 ·
Rehi all

Missybabe, yes, as Duckie mentioned.. RL = Real Life. :) Now, onto much more pleasant topics.... AUSTRALIA?!?! I wanna be you when I grow up!

Amichel - Hey sister... 4 miles is four miles! Every freakin' mile counts!!! :)

Ron - Disney without the kiddos? Interesting twist! Better not tell them where you're going until AFTER you and the missus get back home.

Duckster - hope you're feeling better, meestah!

Kath - Hah.. back when I could run around town, I often remembered people by their dogs, too. There was one time that I met the same pair (husband/wife) out walking their mix breed. I never could remember their names, but I sure remembered the dog's name!

O appears to be a VERY happy GS, so I'm sure he makes friends (and good, long-lasting impressions) easily.

Would you believe that my area may actually see snow on Wed evening? I'm sort of in a believe-it-when-I-see-it mindset, but all of the different news stations are in agreement that we'll get actual snow.. the debate is over how much. I just know that if it's more than a dusting, i will be exercising my ability to work from home for a few days. I've no idea how to drive on the fluffy stuff, really, and for my car's safety, as well as that of others, I'll just stay at home! Yes, you northern folks can laugh all you want. I'll admit.. i'm a snow driving newbie!

#11 ·
Howdy all - we were snowed in over the weekend; nothing like any of you New England folks, but for this area, 6-8" counts as something of an event. Now that that is out of the way, we would all appreciate a bit of a warm up :D

Tweaked my side during the weekend; it sucks getting old, so I figured it was best not to try to do any strength stuff and stick to the bike. Haven't gotten out for a run since the last one, but I wanna' get out there a little more in the near future.

House hunting is starting to get more serious; we're narrowing what we really want and stuff that would be nice but compromise on, so its time to start looking into seeing what they'll pre-approve us for

Missy - congrats on the race and the lease! And Australia? Nice! We have a couple people we know out there, so the land down under is one of those "someday" places for us two.

Ron - hoping you have a great vacation as well

Kath - sorry that realtor was such a jackass to you. We haven't gotten a realtor yet ourselves, but we have two in mind.

Ailarie - I like that spirit; yeah, we're not 30s in age, but my mindset will (hopefully) always remain 30'ish

Good fitnessing there Amy. Duck - I hope you get to feeling better soon. And hoping everyone out there is doing well

#13 ·
Morning 30's I had a short quick run last night and it felt great. My plans were a little sidetracked and I got it in kind of late which lead to a poor nights sleep but what can you do. Tonight I should be able to get a good run in.

Moon have fun with the house hunting.

Theia Spring is coming soon!!!

#14 ·
Well dangit... the storm front that is bringing all the colder weather in turned north just a tad.. meaning that my area is only getting rain and sleet. We're just above freezing right now, so nothing's sticking, but I'm sure tomorrow morning is going to be a mess.

Though I did get a good self-chuckle. When leaving physical therapy, even though it was raining and sleeting, I walked out in my open rain jacket (hoodie part up to keep the noggin dry), a t-shirt, running shoes and shorts. People were befuddled with my clothing choice....

I am bummed though.. snow is coming down just 45 minutes up the road, and REALLY coming down 2 hours from here. So close, yet so far away....

#15 ·
Morning 30's I had a good mid week workout last night. I ran for a half hour and lifted. I might try to get a workout in tonight because we have an early flight tomorrow and I won't workout tomorrow. I hope everyone is doing well.

Sorry you didn't get the snow you wanted Ailarie.

#16 ·
Hi, everybody. Gee, I haven't posted in a while. No excuse, I guess. Just lazy...

Congrats on the HM, Missy! Nice job!

Last week I was whining about a mystery pain in my right leg. It started in my foot, then moved to the ankle, then halfway up to the knee. Since then, it's moved back to my foot. But it's healed enough that I can run on it. It just gets quite sore by the time I'm done. I didn't do a long run this past weekend, but hopefully I can attempt 10+ miles this weekend. We'll see...

#18 ·
Still too fat, though....
Me too. Anyone up for a weight loss challenge? Maybe from now until May 1 (or Memorial Day)?

Hope your foot feels better soon, Bob.

I swam and ran last night. Woo hoo! My swim was pretty good, but I cut it short because I simply could not hold onto my pace any longer. Also because my feet were cramping like crazy!! Ugh. What I learned last night was that I have to, have to, have to get in the pool more often. I could be a halfway decent swimmer if I would just commit to it. My run felt effortless! 3.25 miles in 28:08. Boom!

I'm thinking about doing an indoor tri on Sunday. I'm very open to being talked into it! :D

#20 ·
I'm always in for a weight loss challenge :) Maybe I'll actually lose some "baby fat" since he's almost 7!!!!

I'm having a much better workout week this week. Rest day today, long run tomorrow and bike trainer Sunday. Should be a pretty fun weekend too, as long as we beat the next snow storm home!

#21 ·
Theia, count me in. I've been 172 give or take all winter long. I need to get down to 162 or less.

Spring is in full bloom here. Weather has been way too good, so we'll pay for it with low water reservoirs and forest fires during the summer.

I bought some new golf irons recently. I've hit a few buckets with them and they are a little bit longer than my old Pings, but it was probably not a real necessary purchase. Less than 5 months until I trip to Scotland for the British Open!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.