Go!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of Old 01-10-2012, 04:04 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 12
Likes Given: 4

Did!  lol.gif

Morning peeps!  I got up about an hour ago and did Day 1 of the 21-Day Yoga Challenge (yeah, I'm a day off, but whatev.)  It was quickly apparent to me that my computer speakers aren't loud enough...does it undo the 'good' if I'm twisting around trying to see what she's doing?  heh. 

Today is my first day of "live" classes.....that's right, plural.  BOTH of my live classes are today, so I'm interested to see how this plays out.  yikes.  but YAY!  Very excited.  Then after class tonight is my weekly "speed/interval" workout.  I'm meeting a fellow library chick at the Strom Thurmond Fitness center on campus after my second class to do the workout on the TM...I figure that will keep me honest, and keep her motivated (she's training for her first 5 mile race in April). 

Ok, must go eat my breakfast.  Oatmeal with brown sugar, walnuts, and bananas.  Nom nom nom nom nom......

Have a great day everyone!  I'll try to check in with an update between classes.  icon_study.gif

"The difference between a jogger and a runner is an entry blank."  ~ George Sheehan

#3 of Old 01-10-2012, 04:07 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 37
Likes Given: 2

I miss yoga.  Or yogalates.  Must get back to it.

Anyone make it all the way through the National Championship game last night?  Man, that was boring.  And LSU utterly failed to show up....

About to go run 50 minutes.  It is going to be 48 here again today later!  Woot!

#4 of Old 01-10-2012, 04:08 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 21
Likes Given: 3

Go?  Does it count if I go back to bed?

0M yesterday.  Got in upper body weights+core.  (owwwch - I'm starting planks again and forgot how hard the simplest versions of planks are)!.  Also enjoying my new Bose unit, I was sort dancing around like an idiot for at least an hour.  Enough that my quads and calf muscles were po'ed at me, reminding me that Monday was supposed to be a rest day.  Ahh well, I had fun and burned off some extra calories.

Today will be 3-5 on the TM. 

Have a good one, eveyrbody!

#5 of Old 01-10-2012, 05:19 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 20
Likes Given: 1

Morning all

Got in 7.25 last night and a decent pace. Legs felt pretty darn good until the last mile when my stomach started to revolt. Too many veggies at lunch I reckon. Oh well.

Dome tonight but I don't wanna - it is supposed to be 52F today.  I want to run outside BUT it is the last Tuesday w/o before our peeps go down to Houston so I want to see everyone and wish them good luck etc.

BTW, I am freaking sore from boot camp orientation and then lifting on Sunday. I guess that is what I am paying these people for :)

#6 of Old 01-10-2012, 05:52 AM

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ailarie View Post

Also enjoying my new Bose unit, I was sort dancing around like an idiot for at least an hour. 

This comment, along with your avatar, gives me a mental picture of you bopping around doing a Peanuts style dance.

Hoping to hear good news about Poppa Pfeiffer.

kath - every time you post about Oskar I smile smile.gif

Upper body weights yesterday.  Always a good sign when you have trouble showering afterward because you can't move your arms. 

#7 of Old 01-10-2012, 05:53 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 51
Likes Given: 7

3 on the tm this morning. Hips ache, I think from the hirky-jerky-ness of the tm while we were fixing it Sunday. Run was much more comfortable since chiro yesterday. smile.gif

Just had a little training session with Oskar; graduation is Friday night, and the big test is having pup come when called from across the room, which is probably 40 ft? From the way Oskar was sprinting to me just now I think he'll be ok.

Need to send out some more aps today. Wish there was more going on around here on the job front. pffththt.

#8 of Old 01-10-2012, 05:54 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

5.75 for me at a 8:45 pace - just as scheduled.  It was a beautiful morning for a run, but admittedly it was colder than I was expecting.  About 22 degrees, but I had kept thinking about how it was going to be almost 50 today.  Yeah, but not yet.

Ailarie - sounds like a fun way to spend a rest day!  I've been doing a lot of planks lately too and they are killa.  But I am already noticing results, so that is good.  Nice work, as always, Brandy.

Ann - have fun at class.

Food update:  the unripe avocado in a brown paper bag + banana worked like a charm.  MMMMMMM. 

#9 of Old 01-10-2012, 05:58 AM
Special Member

:) true

at the place I lift, they have personalized company pens you use to sign out.

They say "The heaviest pen in the twin cities"

and they are quite right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litchfield Hills View Post

Upper body weights yesterday.  Always a good sign when you have trouble showering afterward because you can't move your arms. 

#10 of Old 01-10-2012, 06:03 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 39

I did not make it thru the whole game last night.  I get up too early to stay up that late.  I turned in when it was apparent that LSU was never going to score.  I think LSU's defense showed up.  Not as much as Bama's did, but they did a good job limiting Bama to all those field goal attempts, given the field position.  But LSU's offense was just horrible.  Wow.  Well, congrats to Tim's team for another national title...  Next year's pre-season #1?  Gotta be one of those two teams, or USC.  But I guess it's a little ealry to think about that...  cool.gif

I had a nice 5 mile run last night at 7:54 avg pace.  I suppose I'll take it fairly easy from now until Sunday, with nothing but short slow runs in the meantime...

#11 of Old 01-10-2012, 06:22 AM
Special Member

Today, I get back to another piece of normal in my personal schedule by going back to volunteering.  Because of work stuff, I had to take a break this season from my community chorus (I will be working late on Weds and Thurs nights) but I am getting close to 7 years of volunteering at the children's hospital and didn't want to give that up if I didn't have to.  That is relaxing and fun for me no matter how stressed I am.  The chorus, while I love it, isn't exactly relaxing when I have to memorize 30-40 songs.

Had a nice smile when I got back to my office after a mtg yesterday.  Moonie had sent me some surprise roses.  love5.gif I am keeping them here rather than taking them home to enjoy since I'd just have to pack them up to move again. 

Keep posting about all the fitness-ing.  I need to get back to a routine there, and you guys are inspiring me even if I haven't actually started anything yet.

Sending job vibes for Kath and KJ, healthy vibes for Poppa P, Dillon, Brandy's mom, and everyone else who needs them.

Kris
#12 of Old 01-10-2012, 06:54 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 19

Good morning!

Up early (well, early for me) and to the Y for a workout.  I walked ~30 min on the track.  It seems that is about the longest I can go before the knee reminds me that it isn't done yet. 

Maria, sorry that the situation with your Dad is causing you such stress... please remember that the doctors are doing their very best and medical science doesn't always have it all figured out. It's really good that they continue to examine and look at the whole picture.

Nice speedy miles boBsmile.gif

#13 of Old 01-10-2012, 07:14 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Speaking of football, how sad/awful/horrible/frightening is this:  http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/09/body-found-in-river-near-where-packers-coachs-son-went-missing/

#14 of Old 01-10-2012, 07:24 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0

Morning, all.  I've been mostly MIA, so I'm not really sure what's going on with everyone so a lame blanket (((()))) to all who need them.

Heading to the doctor in a bit.  My back is still cranky, but it seems to be working, so I'll take it.  Still going to the gym and seeing the trainer, and while I'm feeling good, I can't wait for the scale to budge.  Patience, Iago.

Gotta run.  Love to all!

"It is our choices . . . that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
Praecipua in Pink
#15 of Old 01-10-2012, 07:43 AM
KP
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bard73 View Post
Keep posting about all the fitness-ing.  I need to get back to a routine there, and you guys are inspiring me even if I haven't actually started anything yet.

Whatcha waiting on Bard?  :D

I watched the first half of the game, but honestly didn't care plus I had to get up early to get to the Y before I taught class this morning.

Second week of the program:  5x - 4 minutes walking, 2 running.  Always feel a bit awkward the first running segment but my observer said my form looked good.  Feels good too - no problems with the ankle.

Kath - does B go to puppy-school with you and Oskar?

It's not about goal setting, it is about goal achievement.  Anyone can set goals, few are willing to do what it takes to actually achieve them.    Vern Gambetta
My Blog I My Running Log 
#16 of Old 01-10-2012, 07:44 AM
Addicted Member

Morning all!  Taking today as a rest day partly b/c I'm hammered w/work and partly b/c I'm in desperate need of post-work cocktails w/former co-workers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy View Post

Dome tonight but I don't wanna - it is supposed to be 52F today.  I want to run outside BUT it is the last Tuesday w/o before our peeps go down to Houston so I want to see everyone and wish them good luck etc.

How many of the team are heading down?  I'm realllllly looking forward to watching the trials but realllllly not looking forward to the HM I have to run on Sunday.  Poops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdatc View Post

Maria, sorry that the situation with your Dad is causing you such stress... please remember that the doctors are doing their very best and medical science doesn't always have it all figured out. It's really good that they continue to examine and look at the whole picture.

I completely agree, everyone is frustrated but we're also well aware of the complexity of his diagnosis.   He doesn't have a straight forward malady but rather a combination of things; what really makes me most stressed & sad is what we believe his actual diagnosis to be... or at least a very likely diagnosis, which we have discussed w/his neurologist in the past.  I don't want to go into it any further at this point but in my mind it's tremendously worse than the cancer diagnosis.

#17 of Old 01-10-2012, 07:47 AM
Special Member

Maria - first HUGS

second - Houston - like 15 or so I think

#18 of Old 01-10-2012, 07:59 AM

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 5

morning peeps.

I had a massive anxiety attack last night, and ended up laying in bed for hours shaking and unable to get to sleep.  I guess I'm not handling anything very well anymore and it's catching up to me...I made an appt with my therapist and I think I need to get into a real schedule with him.  I've been having a lot of bouts of anxiety and sleeplessness lately.  Also, my job is really really really getting to me and while I've been applying to places, I seriously considering quitting here before I line something else up, because I'm constantly worried and stressed at work.

No run for me last night or this morning, although I took the dog on a longer walk today.  I will try to run a bit tonight but I'm so tired I don't know if I can manage anything.  I can't drink any coffee because the caffeine will set me off again, so I'm just going to have to deal with dragging around again today.

Sorry, that was a very self centered post but it's all I've got at the moment.

Kath, I didn't realize Fri was graduation!    I'm so looking forward to seeing you guys. :)  (I am visiting the 'oleenies for the long weekend!)

Ail, I don't think I commented how much I love your new haircut! 

(((((hugs))))) to everyone.

"And all our fears were in vain, a dream, just like the Lord said."
- Jack Kerouac, Desolation Angels

Yeah, I have a blog....
#19 of Old 01-10-2012, 08:05 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 14
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninlaw View Post

I miss yoga.  Or yogalates.  Must get back to it.

Anyone make it all the way through the National Championship game last night?  Man, that was boring.  And LSU utterly failed to show up....

About to go run 50 minutes.  It is going to be 48 here again today later!  Woot!

An epic defensive beat down is not boring.  It's actually very fun to watch (unless you're on the recieving end).  Jordan Jefferson was wishing he was back at Harrah's and not at the SuperDome.

In other news, I was eating a pita chip yesterday morning and the top of one of my teeth chipped off.  It's driving me nuts.  I have a 1:00pm appt with a dentist to get it repaired.  Of course, I can't get in to see my regular dentist because he was in New Orleans last night for the game.   

#20 of Old 01-10-2012, 08:06 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 23

Morning all.

1 hour of hill intervals on the elliptical for me this morning. I need to get another 30 day shred in soon, but I'm not sure I can get it in today.  2 miles on the schedule for tomorrow, so I could probably double up in the morning.   We'll see.

myfitnesspal sent me a love note this morning that if every day was like yesterday, I would lose 14 pounds in the next 5 weeks.  Not sure gunning for that fast of a weight loss is smart long term, but getting to that particular weight would get me past a major mental hurdle.  

Don't believe everything you think
#21 of Old 01-10-2012, 08:08 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 14
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy View Post

Maria - first HUGS

second - Houston - like 15 or so I think

ditto (hugs) - see you this weekend

and - we have 6 going to Houston from here.  I'm not going all out on the marathon, but optimistic for a solid performance. 

That's a terrible story about that coaches' son. 

#22 of Old 01-10-2012, 08:09 AM
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP View Post

Whatcha waiting on Bard?  :D

Getting through the move, getting new shoes, and getting new running capris.  If I haven't started back with running by Feb 1 and posting about it, you all have my permission to harass me. biggrin.gif  Goal is to start back sooner than that, but probably not this week or next.

Kris
#23 of Old 01-10-2012, 08:32 AM
Addicted Member

Quoting is jacked up again for me today.

Quote:
Kath - does B go to puppy-school with you and Oskar?

He came last week for agility stuff, but that's probably going to be it. Class time doesn't mesh with his work schedule, but it's the only kindergarten class time they offered. And he needed a constructive direction for how to behave. I've been doing 2 short training sessions with Oskar every day, but I don't know if Dh has done any training with him.

Quote:
Kath, I didn't realize Fri was graduation! 

Yep. I knew it was last class, but didn't think about it as graduation. That's trainer's word for it. It's not like it's anything formal, he just wants to make sure the pups are making progress, and if not giving owners direction to get the pups to respond.

Someone is sleeping under my stool again. Heh. Dh - Is that a breed thing? Or is he just a mamma's boy?

#24 of Old 01-10-2012, 08:39 AM
KP
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by katholeenie View Post
He came last week for agility stuff, but that's probably going to be it. Class time doesn't mesh with his work schedule, but it's the only kindergarten class time they offered. And he needed a constructive direction for how to behave. I've been doing 2 short training sessions with Oskar every day, but I don't know if Dh has done any training with him.

and he wonders why Oskar likes you better?! :D

It's not about goal setting, it is about goal achievement.  Anyone can set goals, few are willing to do what it takes to actually achieve them.    Vern Gambetta
My Blog I My Running Log 
#25 of Old 01-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Addicted Member

Yah, I know. It's not like it's rocket science. I'm Oskar's primary care giver.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page