It's Biggest Loser time again! - Page 4 - KickRunners.com

#76 of Old 12-14-2010, 07:16 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 51
Likes Given: 7

Fashion report:

While Elizabeth isn't my favorite contestant, I really like the green dress she has on tonight.

I can't remember who was wearing it, but there was a silky, one-shouldered red dress that was flattering too.

And was that Lisa with the really shiny, dark brown bob hair? She had on a long black dress? She looks FABULOUS.

The little boy in his jeans, vest & chucks is really cute.

Undergarment question - do the guys wear some kind of compression top under their official BL tops? The guy who weighed in immediately after Adam (or maybe the 2nd guy after Adam) looked like he had something on.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#77 of Old 12-15-2010, 12:15 PM

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by katholeenie View Post

Fashion report:

While Elizabeth isn't my favorite contestant, I really like the green dress she has on tonight.

I can't remember who was wearing it, but there was a silky, one-shouldered red dress that was flattering too.

And was that Lisa with the really shiny, dark brown bob hair? She had on a long black dress? She looks FABULOUS.

The little boy in his jeans, vest & chucks is really cute.

Undergarment question - do the guys wear some kind of compression top under their official BL tops? The guy who weighed in immediately after Adam (or maybe the 2nd guy after Adam) looked like he had something on.

Elizabeth did look good.  But she was still useless.  Lisa looked **** hot.  "Chucks".  Har.  I called them that the other day and all three of my daughters had no idea what I was talking about.  Kids.  Ugh.

Adam and Mark looked great.  Some of the others still have a way to go.  As does Patrick, I think, even though he won.

This show, out of all the other "live" ones on TV, always seems so awkward.  For one thing, I don't think that Ali can do anything unless there's a script involved.  But other things, there were mic problems, people didn't know where to go, etc.  Remember last year, Koli was it?  Stood around not looking up at anyone?

#78 of Old 12-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Addicted Member

Well yah. Elizabeth was useless. But her dress was the most flattering, I think.

No one knows about the boy's snuggy under things?

#79 of Old 12-15-2010, 01:21 PM

I've posted this before,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Biggest_Loser_%28U.S._TV_series%29 

but it's interesting, looking at the BMIs.  NO ONE made it to "Normal" this time (a BMI of 18.5 - 24.9).  Mark and Ada are close.

Last time, 4 of them made it.

One thing we never hear is, what is the winners weight now.  We see them on shows, and we know the one guy put all the weight back, and they look sorta good, but I always wonder. 

They're still a lot better off than they were, of course.

Hey!  Mark's a Jersey boy.  His hometown supposedly isn't far from where I used to work.

#80 of Old 12-15-2010, 03:56 PM

Likes Earned: 12
Likes Given: 4

I think Mark looked awesome! Does anyone know if he would have won BL if he was in the final 3? I thought Ada would have lost more :( I was shocked at how well Lisa did, and Elizabeth, but she is still beyond useless. She just never GOT it. So, i ff'ed thru a lot of the show. Are Jillian and Bob going to be there next season AND two new trainers?

My Blog

"100 milers are all gallowalking festivals."
-Tim
#81 of Old 12-15-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merigayle View Post

I think Mark looked awesome! Does anyone know if he would have won BL if he was in the final 3? I thought Ada would have lost more :( I was shocked at how well Lisa did, and Elizabeth, but she is still beyond useless. She just never GOT it. So, i ff'ed thru a lot of the show. Are Jillian and Bob going to be there next season AND two new trainers?

That website shows that Mark blew everyone away.  He lost almost 51% body weight.  The closest one to him was Rick with 47% and change.  In fact, there were 3 people that lost a higher percentage than Patrick, the winner (who had 45.25%).  Mark with 51%, Rick with 47%, and Adam had 45.27%.

Ada didn't lose more, because she had less to lose.  In fact, she had a low percentage compared to a lot of the contestants.  She was the one, however, who was closest to a "normal" BMI.

When you look at the numbers, you can see that some of them didn't do quite as well as they looked.

#82 of Old 12-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 14

We were wondering what ever became of SHay from  two seasons ago  and last season?  She had done that  Subway challenge and met it to wind money - but they challenged her to lose more with more money to be awarded - wonder if they will give her till the end of next season or was she ":vanished" like Tara and a few others have been?

I also liked ELizabeth's dress. I really thought it was flattering.  I know people want to show off how much smaller they are but the tube dresses are really flattering for many!   I love that ..not her so much.  I  really wish they would show it from  8-10 for the finale..  the last hour is so dang drawn out - YAWN fest!

#83 of Old 12-15-2010, 07:07 PM
Addicted Member

Where are you guys seeing the BMI percentages? When I click that link I just get an explanation of the show. confused.gif

#84 of Old 12-15-2010, 07:29 PM

#85 of Old 12-16-2010, 05:41 AM

Good for her! Bob better not go anywhere. He is half the reason i watch ;) Yeah, i wondered the same thing about Shay and her Subway weigh in. Ada looked good, but I thought she would have lost more by the finale vs at the marathon.

My Blog

-Tim
#86 of Old 12-16-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:

Where are you guys seeing the BMI percentages? When I click that link I just get an explanation of the show. confused.gif

Scroll down and click on the season that you're interested in.  It's in the U.S. Television Ratings section.

#87 of Old 12-16-2010, 11:18 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 1

ditto on Elizabeth's dress:

If anyone can find it for me in Badger red, I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!

I also want whatever high-tech Spanxx they're using to stuff the manboobs, muffintops, and bellyrolls into a nice neat package. rolleyes.gif

On Wisconsin!
#88 of Old 12-16-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:

I also want whatever high-tech Spanxx they're using to stuff the manboobs, muffintops, and bellyrolls into a nice neat package. rolleyes.gif

That must be why they don't know what's going on.  They can't breathe, no oxygen going to the brain.

#89 of Old 12-16-2010, 02:18 PM
Addicted Member

Seriously.

I mean, Buffalo Bill could make dozens of body suits, while Ed Gein fashions lampshades 'n' papers his walls with the giant slabs of skin that are hangin' around in these finales.

happy3.gif

<yes, that was tacky...but I bet some of you smiled>

wink.gif

On Wisconsin!
#90 of Old 12-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheportojohn View Post

Seriously.

I mean, Buffalo Bill could make dozens of body suits, while Ed Gein fashions lampshades 'n' papers his walls with the giant slabs of skin that are hangin' around in these finales.

Does the show provide any assistance with/for getting that removed?

#91 of Old 12-17-2010, 12:21 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13

Just finished watching on hulu.  It looked like Adam was flirting with Jesse.  How cute.

I actually enjoyed the season.  I'm a little worried that next season will be too much with so many 400+ lb people.  Like they're trying to make it more "extreme." 

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.

#92 of Old 12-17-2010, 12:50 PM
Addicted Member

katho,

I would hope the show could at least connect the contestants with docs or clinics....I bet they don't help with the finances, tho.

jebba,

Ditto the 'extreme' thought.

On Wisconsin!
#93 of Old 12-17-2010, 01:26 PM

I do not like the extreme nature of the contestants either. Also, when these "larger" contestants get to the end of the season, many are still fatter than I was at my fattest!! WTF? I wish more were at a healthy weight, but impossible when starting so high.

My Blog

-Tim
#94 of Old 12-19-2010, 05:15 PM
Addicted Member

Quote:

katho,

I would hope the show could at least connect the contestants with docs or clinics....I bet they don't help with the finances, tho.

jebba,

I was just wondering, because with the way the show is heading towards more extreme contestants, it has to be a big (no pun intended) issue. Especially with how fast they lose the weight. I know skin will only shrink back so much, but jeez. They lose the weight so fast how is the skin supposed to keep up?

#95 of Old 12-19-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

katho,

jebba,

I was just wondering, because with the way the show is heading towards more extreme contestants, it has to be a big (no pun intended) issue. Especially with how fast they lose the weight. I know skin will only shrink back so much, but jeez. They lose the weight so fast how is the skin supposed to keep up?

It doesn't too well.  The younger the better, though.  And, also, how long it's been stretched out.  When I lost about 60 lbs back about 7 years ago, I was 44, and it "shrank" with no problem.  Maybe I had a tiny bit of skin around my gut, but, not much.  Now...not sure how it will look now, at 51.  WHEN I lost the weight again...Hmmm.  I keep on saying that...

#96 of Old 12-30-2010, 06:52 AM

Going through Biggest Loser withdrawl.  Fortunately (supposedly) the new season starts 1/4.  With Jillian.  After that, she's leaving the show.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page