Saturday, March 31st - KickRunners.com

#1 of Old 03-31-2012, 07:00 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
Likes Given: 0

Morning all...

No post yesterday because I hit the Mega Mill Lotto! Actually, I have yet to buy the 1st scratch off.  Looks like DD has given me hand, foot and mouth disease... not common in adults, but after some research on the internet, I found out that it can happen.  Throat is terribly sore, but Ibuprofen helps alot.  The only other thing bothering me is my feet.... feels like pins and needles when i stand/walk.  That being said, I'm going to attempt a run today.  Body feels fine, and I do not want to go 4 days w/ no running!  Race looks blown up for next weekend, but a buddy told me about another 5K the following Saturday.  May do next weekend's race as a tune-up, then maybe I'll be closer to where I want to be in a couple weeks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of Old 03-31-2012, 08:15 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
Likes Given: 1

WE WON!  WE WON!  Got out for 6 hokey pokey miles with the typical crew to celebrate our winnings, all $2 of it.

BBS - Yikes!   Hope you get better quickly or we'll have to put you down.

I know it's an old cliche, but you can cut the atmosphere with a cricket stump
#3 of Old 03-31-2012, 08:36 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22

BBS--I've had it.  The ones in my mouth weren't bad.  Same with hands.  But good golly the ones on my feet felt like a rock in my shoe.  Ouch! Luckily, it doesn't last long.

Asics--don't spend it all in one place.

Need to get in a short trot today.  Plus all the pre-race fretting.  Take cover!!!

#4 of Old 03-31-2012, 11:48 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0

Good morning everyone.  Not sure what is going on with me either just plain sick or have allergies.  I have not figured out which one, because I never really had allergies before, but stranger things have happened.

My run was good until the 5 mile mark.  a long uphill mile did me in and I just slogged it in the last 2 miles and walked the last mile home.  7 miles total and that was what I had on my training plan anyway.

Have a great day everyone.

#5 of Old 03-31-2012, 12:23 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22

Run in the books.  O&B 2miler.  Clocked 8:57/8:57.  Hopefully I'm dialed in.  Think I'm going to go with the Adrenalines.  Still debating on which shirt, regardless will go with red shorts.  And if I just need throw away long sleeve or if I need to add a fleece, too.  Oh, and the ear rings are a no go.  I never wear jewelry but found these really cute ear rings.  I nearly ripped 'em out before I got to the end of the street.  

#6 of Old 03-31-2012, 12:31 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1
Good afternoon all. Bricklaying for me today and a good workout it was. 21.6 miles on the bike, as quick a transition as I could do given I had to pee like a racehorse, then back out the door for 2.5 at 7:25/mile pace, which actually felt quite hard ater the ride. Gives me a sense what that duathlon in July will be like.

Nice running all, and BBS please no mad cow. Get better!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page